Saturday, September 11, 2010

Middlebury: Week 1

Ok, so I have officially decided to truly embark on a blogging mission.
I will try and blog every weekend and keep my blog going so everyone can see what I have been up to here!

To begin! I am currently attending Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont, a part of the class of 2014.  Yes, Middlebury is roughly 2502 miles away from home (by car) and 1 day and 19 minutes (thank you Google Maps) but already it is feeling like home.  Even the hills are beginning to look like mountains! :)

First Week of School:

As I was invited to Pre-Season for Women's Varsity Soccer I moved into my new home, Battell North, on August 30.  The parents and I left for Burlington two days prior and made sure I was prepared for my new life!  I carried 3 50lb suitcases and man, I don't know how I will EVER be able to bring all of this home haha. I am thinking a U-haul at the end of senior year? Just SO MUCH STUFF. Ironically I am practically the furthest away on my hall (other than Tuwanda from Zimbabwe) yet the person with the most "stuff."


First Week Continued...

The week was a whirlwind. Honestly. Soccer try-outs/pre-season ran 3-a-days meaning that socializing was hard. But, I got lucky and was part of First Floor Battell North, also known as B1N and/or BoneN. The best frosh hall at Midd. :)  We have become like, a family.  Really!


Lucky for us, we love EVERYBODY. :)
First week was Freshman Orientation so when not participating in activities (did I tell you 75% of my floor does a sport and like 30% were recruited? And even double recruited?), we did lots of "bonding activities" that were actually quite enjoyable, eye opening, and fun (ie, who knew square dancing could be fun??). Alas, so much happened and I was so busy with 3-a-days I barely remember what happened other than the basics and Registration.

First Semester Schedule:
General Chem (0103)     MWF   10:10-11:00     Byers
Gen Chem Discussion             M            2:50-3:40     Byers/Jewett
Gen Chem Lab             W            1:30-4:15      Jewett
Topics in Socio-Cultural Anthro        MW          8:00-8:50          Oxfeld
Socio-Cultural Anthro        F         9:05-9:55     Oxfeld
Visual and Cultural Science     TR     9:30-10:45     Moorti
Greek and Roman Epic Poetry     TR     3:00-4:15     Ganiban

Sorry, my alignment is wack! But, let me tell you, the reading involved in the above? HOLY CRAP. That's all I can say. HOLY CRAP.

Alright, thanks for reading! I'll be trying to update every weekend! 

love,
     molly b.


No comments:

Post a Comment