Monday, November 8, 2010

Midd: Week 10

Today, a Monday morning, started off quite differently than any other Monday morning has over the last ten weeks.
The wind is howling.  The trees are bending.  The snow/sleet/hail is stinging the face and beating on the window.  It is winter without being truly winter.  People are slipping all over as they trek to class. It is cold, but not so cold that the mud has completely frozen, leaving travelers to muck across the Beach in the swirling blizzard.  If this can be called a blizzard.  Maybe it is better left as a wind storm.
I have noticed (and am noticing) that my writing style is changing.  I hope you all don't mind.  I'm just being strange haha.

This week was a long one, beginning with another ass-hole pulling the fire alarm on Sunday morning at 1:45 am. As the upperclassmen say, "The only reason to visit Battell is to reminisce and f*** shit up." Sadly, this f***ing shit up has reached the point where we have had 4 fire alarms pulled and 2 fire extinguishers sprayed.  As the winter grows nearer each day I worry that one day we will find ourselves out on Battell Beach freezing in 0*F and below due to some jerk thinking it would be humorous to pull the fire alarm at this time, this weather, this night.

The week was slow motion yet fast looking back on it.

-I can remember sitting in class on Monday morning, SOAN 0105 "Topics in Sociocultural Anthropology," and trying as hard as I could to keep up with notes but no matter how quickly I tried to write I couldn't physically go any faster.  I kept trying and trying but to no avail.

-Tuesday came, as usual the time slipped away, I tried so hard to find time to get quick naps in and almost slept through my Greek and Roman Epic Poetry class.

-Wednesday Dani and I made our way to the gym (thank goodness) after a quick lab (thank goodness) and a good luck (thank goodness).

-Thursday I tried to sleep more, and more, and more, because I had a Chemistry Mid-Term that evening at 7.  I thought it went well but looking back I'm not sure that it went as well as I thought it did.  We will keep our fingers crossed.  That night I tried to go to bed early, like 11.  I laid in bed for 2 and a half hours.  Until 1:30, way past Morgan returning, showering, and going to bed, I lay counting sheep. This place makes you an insomniac I swear.

-Friday we finally were able to have absolute freedom.  Free from classes and free from, well, most anything!  Friday was a great day because, as I lay obsessing and depressing about not being able to go home for thanksgiving I had the "brilliant" idea of using airmiles to get home.  Originally I thought I could fly to Seattle and drive home with Kelsie but now, after talking to Daddy, I am flying into Kalispell on Wednesday and returning on Monday afternoon to Midd.  I am so ready to be free of this place even though I love it so much. Hahaha. TOO MUCH DRAMA.  But the night was pretty good, Albert and Joe taught me to bachata and a bunch of us watched V for Vendetta (may I remind you that it was the 5 of November...) OH! And it was Girls Night Out and we, Dani, Hannah, Katie G, Emily B, Mary, Olivia, Caroline, and I, went to the Farmer's Diner and had delicious milkshakes.

-Saturday was a good day, I skyped the family from the kitchen (my internet in my room pretty much doesn't work), went to the gym, did the laundry, ate dinner, hung out with the boys upstairs (Vince, Albert, Joe, Peter M), and then ran around all night!


-Sunday I did, literally, nothing.  I woke up pretty early, we jammed to music in Caroline and Hannah's room: Scarlett, Mary, Hannah, Caroline, and I.  I tried to figure out my schedule for next semester but it did not go as well as hoped.  I tried to start a paper but that didn't happen either.  Or do my smartworks.  Jared and I hung out for about an hour just talking as it grew dark and we felt no need to turn the stupid light on so they almost forgot us when going to an early, 5 pm, dinner.  I came back, did a little personal writing, and then fell asleep from 6:30 to 10:30/11.  I facebooked Momma and then went back to sleep around 12:30 until waking up at 7:10ish.  More sleep than I have gotten...maybe ever here.
Monday, I must inform you, the power was down from 9:30-11. Fortunately, Chemistry was cancelled due to this. YES! But all that was missed will be reviewed in the discussion at 2:50 darn it.  Lots of homework to get done but the howling winds make me want to just jump into bed and curl up and sleep.  Alas, life is not that way.

Random Thoughts:
1.  Everyone that has ever played soccer has the same Adidas sweats.  No joke. Black, white stripes on the leg? Yeah.  You probably own a pair too.

2. This past sunday, October 31 was the first day of No Shave November.
Following: Our participants.


Jake was the first to opt out, today, November 8.

I love Midd. I love B1N. I love Battell in general.  I love Home.  I love.

love,
molly


1 comment:

  1. What a good post! Glad that you are getting to come home for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete